What is the Performing Arts Society?
The Contra Costa Performing Arts Society (CCPAS) was founded in 1974 for the purpose of promoting the performing arts among its members and in the community. Its goals are:
- To foster the growth and appreciation of the performing arts within the community
- To encourage youth by providing performing and educational programs
- To provide performance opportunities for community artists and encourage sharing of each other's talents for mutual enjoyment, education, and fellowship.
What does it cost to join?
Annual dues are $30.00 for singles, $35.00 for families, and $35.00 for choral ensembles.
What do I get with membership?
PAS provides a large and varied number of offerings and opportunities. These include:
- A monthly newsletter, with advance notice of CCPAS events and programs.
- A printed copy of the annual Directory, with all of the events of the year and member contact information, including listing by instrument. Members are listed if they wish. It also has teacher programs, audition requirements, workshop dates and locations, and much other useful information.
- Free formal concerts, generallly on the second Tuesday evenings and fourth Friday mornings at Grace Presbyterian Church in Walnut Creek, September through June, and single concerts in November and December. As a member, you will get advance notice of these concerts with information containing pieces to be performed as well as performers.
- Free special concerts. Again, as a member, you will receive advance and reminder notices and more detail regarding these events, including our very popular jazz and piano composers concerts.
- Opportunities to perform in formal concerts. Those wishing to perform in formal concerts must audition. We own and maintain two fine grand pianos - a Steinway Concert D and a Baldwin.
- Opportunities to participate in informal workshops. PAS organizes frequent workshops in several areas every month where musicians may perform newly learned pieces in a non-threatening environment. These workshops are held in members' homes, or, in the case of our organ workshops, in various churches around the community. All members are welcome to participate as performers or listeners. There are three workshops for pianists at various levels, as well as organ, composers and piano ensemble & chamber music workshops.
- Student activities. CCPAS welcomes middle, high school and college music students, whose teachers are PAS members, to take part in various student activities which include student concerts, voice and piano scholarship competitions, workshops, and master classes.
By becoming a member of CCPAS you will support the vibrant musical life of our community, both for yourself and others.
How do I get more information?
You may contact us through email, regular mail or phone.
How do I join?